Satisfy speed requirements and update your live network in real time with the GREYHOUND 1040 switch.
Don’t stop your operations every time you need to update, modify or expand your network. The GREYHOUND 1040 switch, from Belden’s Hirschmann brand, features interchangeable media modules and redundant power supplies that allow you to update your live network and keep pace with changing bandwidth and power needs.
This switch supports up to 28 Gigabit ports, including an industry-first 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) fiber option, to balance your speed and cost requirements. The GREYHOUND 1040 switch also meets the demands of power-intensive applications in industries, such as physical security, transportation and power transmission and distribution.
- Delivers fast and reliable uplink speeds at a cost-effective price
- Enables easy network expansion and maintenance without downtime
- Supports high-power applications through Power over Ethernet (PoE)
GREYHOUND 1040 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Deliver on the high bandwidth and power needs of your network with a full Gigabit Ethernet switch that adapts to the changing demands of industrial environments.
Hirschmann’s GREYHOUND 1040 switches meet evolving network needs by enabling you to change or add devices, without taking your network offline. This level of uptime and reliability is especially critical in applications, like physical security and video surveillance, and in the substation and transportation industries.
- Offers high-performance capabilities – deliver fast and reliable uplink speeds at a cost-effective price with the industry’s first 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) fiber port option
- Flexible for the future – keep pace with demands on your network by easily adding more ports or changing port types through the device’s media modules
- Maximizes uptime – maintain high levels of network availability through redundant power supplies you can change out in the field while under operation
The GREYHOUND 1040 switches’ flexible and modular design makes this a future-proof networking device that can evolve alongside your network’s bandwidth and power needs. With a focus on maximum network availability under harsh industrial conditions, these switches feature power supplies that can be changed out in the field. Plus, two media modules enable you to adjust the device’s port count and type – even giving you the ability to use the GREYHOUND 1040 as a backbone switch.
To help balance network speed and cost, the GREYHOUND 1040 switches are the first to offer a unique, new 2.5 GE fiber option, which is expected to be a future IEEE standard. This enables you to manage more bandwidth through a single port, or by combining several 2.5 GE ports, without incurring the expense of a 10 Gigabit device.
GREYHOUND 1040 switches also help you react quickly to changing network requirements, for instance if your network topology or port type needs change. These adjustments can take place in the field on a live network, without disrupting communication.
For industries that require switches with a high port count, varying port types, redundant power supply, and support for powerful devices, the GREYHOUND 1040 switches offer the flexibility to meet the demands of these environments.
These ruggedized switches have been specially designed to handle the increasing bandwidth and Power over Ethernet (PoE) needs in transportation and physical security applications. For example, when more cameras and wireless access points are connected to the network, they need power.
In the transportation industry, the GREYHOUND 1040 switches are ideal for passenger and information systems in train stations and traffic surveillance on highways, bridges and in tunnels. They also can handle demanding electrical power applications, including new or retrofitted substations.
GREYHOUND 1040 Switch
The GREYHOUND 1040 switches include 12 fixed ports and also feature two media module slots that enable you to add 8 additional ports each, for a maximum of 28 ports per device.
The switch’s two power supplies, available in high- or low-voltage options, can be changed in the field for maximum uptime. You can keep your systems up and running by quickly swapping out one power supply, while the network is powered by the redundant supply. More and more applications need power, and the GREYHOUND 1040 switches support up to 16 PoE and PoE+ ports.
For all-around network protection and uptime, GREYHOUND 1040 switches offer enhanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 features through Hirschmann’s operating system, HiOS. The software includes comprehensive security, diagnostic and redundancy features. The device’s precise synchronization also enables applications to comply with stringent real-time requirements.
Benefits at a Glance
- High port count, with up to 28 GE ports total
- Easily upgradeable due to 2 or 4 dual-speed SFP ports supporting 1 or 2.5 GE
- Choose from copper and fiber media modules – easy to swap in the field
- Ports can be mounted on the front or rear of the device
- Two hot-swappable power supplies (low and high voltages available)
- Operates at an extended temperature range from -40˚ C to +70˚ C
- Resists vibration and immune to electrostatic discharges
- Range of new software features available through HiOS, including Layer 3 capability and extensive security functions
- Works seamlessly with the Hirschmann Rail Switch Power (RSP) family of switches, including RSPE, RSP, RSPL, and RSPS
- Certified for applications requiring specific standards, certifications and approvals, including:
– Safety of Industrial Control Equipment: EN60950-1, EN 61131-2 and UL60950 (pending)
– Transportation: NEMA TS2 and EN50121-4
– Substations: IEC 61850-3 and IEEE1613
– Marine: Germanischer Lloyd (pending)
– Hazardous Locations: ISA-12.12.-01 Class 1 Div. 2 (pending)