Hirschmann Secure Remote Access Solution
Combined hardware and software system that brings simplicity to remote network access, programming and diagnostics. Increased network efficiency and security system availability by enabling remote control and diagnostics of programmable logic controllers (PLC) or other network components with
minimal IT knowledge needed.
The Secure Remote Access Solution provides a protected cloud system that can be configured with minimal IT knowledge or assistance. Permanent internet protocol (IP) addresses are not required, and there is no need to reconfigure corporate firewalls. Thus, the system enables secure access for remote programming and diagnostics with no disruptions to existing systems.
Secure Remote Access Solution allows customers to remotely access their sites in order to troubleshoot and fix problems. This reduces the need for travel and allows staff to work more efficiently by handling multiple systems simultaneously.
Secure Remote Access Solution supports Ethernet communication through a three-component system, including the:
- GateManager – operates as a cloud service; hosted by Hirschmann or hosted by your company
- SiteManager – makes it possible to connect remote devices to the GateManager cloud; runs on a Windows PC or Hirschmann GECKO switch hardware
- LinkManager – provides secure, on-demand access to remote devices via the cloud
The network system is not only designed to be easy to install, but also provides firewall-friendly, state-of-the-art security features.
Belden and Hirschmann offer an initial Starter Package, limited to one per company, which includes:
- One SiteManager license (runs on GECKO switch hardware or Windows PC)
- One LinkManager floating software license
- LinkManager mobile software license
- GateManager Free Cloud Service with Basic Administration
This new Starter Package includes everything you need to get started and test the solution. Once you are satisfied, you can upgrade your cloud service, number of licenses, and administrative level to reflect your corporate requirements.
For control engineers and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) machine builders, who need constant monitoring and control of their global systems, the Secure Remote Access Solution offers them instant access for maintenance or troubleshooting.
Product also helps companies embrace the Industrial Internet of Things movement by enabling a secure way for many devices to connect together and communicate.
The core of the Secure Remote Access Solution is a cloud service to which customers can connect their remote network devices. Multiple versions of software and hardware are available to complete the system, including the ability to manage the network from personal computers (PCs) or mobile devices.
Expanding network reach without complex programming.
- Secure remote access, diagnostics and PLC programming via a flexible hardware and software solution
- Use your standard PLC and HMI tools, just as if you were onsite
- Provide instant support to ensure machine uptime
- Operate machines without physical access
- Service global customers without the expense of travel
- Connect to remote devices via a secure cloud
- No IT knowledge required to set-up system
- Permanent IP addresses are not required
- Firewall friendly – no need to reconfigure company firewalls
- Avoids the complexity of virtual private networks (VPNs)
- SiteManager software runs inside Hirschmann GECKO switches
- GateManager can be hosted by customer
- On the Secure Remote Access microsite you will find related software and documentation: www.sra.hirschmann.com.