The Secure Remote Access Solution provides a protected cloud system that can be configured with minimal IT knowledge or assistance. Permanent internet protocol (IP) addresses are not required, and there is no need to reconfigure corporate firewalls. Thus, the system enables secure access for remote programming and diagnostics with no disruptions to existing systems.
Secure Remote Access Solution allows customers to remotely access their sites in order to troubleshoot and fix problems. This reduces the need for travel and allows staff to work more efficiently by handling multiple systems simultaneously.
Secure Remote Access Solution supports Ethernet communication through a three-component system, including the:
- GateManager – operates as a cloud service; hosted by Hirschmann or hosted by your company
- SiteManager – makes it possible to connect remote devices to the GateManager cloud; runs on a Windows PC or Hirschmann GECKO switch hardware
- LinkManager – provides secure, on-demand access to remote devices via the cloud
The network system is not only designed to be easy to install, but also provides firewall-friendly, state-of-the-art security features.
Belden and Hirschmann offer an initial Starter Package, limited to one per company, which includes:
- One SiteManager license (runs on GECKO switch hardware or Windows PC)
- One LinkManager floating software license
- LinkManager mobile software license
- GateManager Free Cloud Service with Basic Administration
This new Starter Package includes everything you need to get started and test the solution. Once you are satisfied, you can upgrade your cloud service, number of licenses, and administrative level to reflect your corporate requirements.